From Language To Design
Undefined platforms 2010
Everything we see is just a combination of phenomenon, based of the concept of void. If we look at the room we are in, a lot of objects are to divide the space into different levels, performing different functions. The function of the surfaces changes in relationship to the other surfaces provided. One could be the “stairs” to the next surface, or it could be a chair of a child. Another one that is the seating of one could be a table for the other or vice versa.
What A set of undefined platforms that performs different functions according to how the user perceives it. Why To stimulate ones thinking about the use of the space that is divided by objects. Where Interior, living space. When Whenever the user need to use a platform. The function of each platform changes according to the user’s needs. Who Anyone. How Different surfaces will be used for different functions in different times.
– Creative Ecologies+ Exhibition, Hong Kong Heritage Museum, HK
– Salone del Mobile, Milan/ Design Academy Eindhoven “This Way”, IT
– Dutch Design Week/ Design Academy Eindhoven Graduation Show, NL
– Dutch Design Week/ Items Graduation Selection, NL
– Inside Design Amsterdam, NL